Monday, February 2, 2009

35k Hand Breakeven Stretch

I mixed up my play this month 16 and 6 tabling, thus the lower volume. When I play 6 tables, I'm able to pick up player tendencies that I wouldn't be able to pick up 16 tabling. I"m able to see how fast they act, how many big pots they've been involved in etc. However, it's more mentally challenging playing 6 tables than it is 16 tabling. I don't want that sort of mental drain so I also play 16 tables. I think it's a nice mix to keep the game fresh.

I'm basically breakeven this month with rakeback over 35k hands. I played a mix of $50 and $100 nlhe FR. Eric (Damn Ringer) has been awesome. We've had 3 sessions so far, and he has been able to plug a few looks. I knew what my leaks were but he was able to give me practical advice to plug them. I was probably too loose on the CO/BTN and didn't double barrel enough in certain spots. I was able to tighten up in Late Position when I knew the blinds would 3 bet me. I'm also double barreling more on scare cards on the turn and river when I suspect villain can find the fold button. My total aggro factor was around 2.5, but it is now it's around 3 or higher. I also had some betsizing issues where I was either betting too small or too big. I need to really think what I want villain to do and fire the correct betsize out with player tendency, position, board texture, and history in mind etc. Basically making my postflop decisions easier where I don't have to guess as much if I'm getting bluffed or not because I love to hero call.

My review of my last 127k hands is taking longer than I thought. I'm about 1/2 way done and I'm noticing alot of leaks in my game. I hope to finish reviewing the other half within a week or so. I do find reviewing hand histories boring, so it's taking me longer than it should.

I'll post a graph when I reach another 100k hands.

2 comments:

LuckySOB said...

"I was probably too loose on the CO/BTN"
no such thing imo

AppleSeed2082 said...

I think I'm just not picking my spots correctly at $100 nlhe FR. The blinds are a little more 3 bet happy, so I just tighten up a little bit more so I can call/4bet with stronger hands IP.

Small sample, but we'll see what my results bring. I see that I'm a little tighter on the CO VPIP 15 (75k hand) down to VPIP 8 (35k hands) but I'm still playing around 30 VPIP on the BTN.

We'll see what happens once I start bringing in decent results. I'll open up again on the CO once I pick up better reads on the limpers/blinds etc.