Thursday, June 28, 2007

My current state of mind before the storm

Hi guys,

Just letting you guys know my state of mind right now. I haven't played poker since March. I took a two month break because I was sort of burnt out playing for over a 1.7 years without a significant break. I was just sick of the grind.

In March, I set a 30k hand goal but only played 28k hands because I wanted to watch the NCAA Final Four. I 6 tabled $100 nl he sh and took another shot at $200 nl he sh but was not successful. I was down about 1k but basically broke even because of bonus/rakeback.

My head is not on str8 right now and that is why i'm playing $50 nl he even though i'm rolled for $100. Once I get my head back on i'm going to go jump back up to $100 nl he.

I only plan on playing 3-4 tables and then jump back up to my normal 6 table. I may even add more tables, who knows. I'm always looking to experiment and improve my grinding/playing abilities.

One of my friends on CR (Dahlig763) rail birded one of my $50 nl he session yesterday and I won a buyin. I 3 tabled and got about 300 hands in (I appreciated it, I hope you jump into this community). From my experience with him, he's a serious student of the game and looks like a strong player.

I plan on playing between 15-25k hands in July because I have a full time job. I may play more if i go on a massive heater.

later,

AppleSeed

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with you quest in July. I had to give a shout out to ya.....I used to live in MN. Go Vikes!

DODGYKEN said...

With a full-time job it can sometimes be tough to put in the hands - it's really not good to play when tired or when you're not motivated. Good luck for July and I'll be checking back to see how you're going with it all.

Martin