Saturday, August 4, 2007

July Stats and my biggest pot ever (BRAG)

Here are my July Stats.




I didn't play too much hands because I was focus on improving my play. I mainly studied and tried to improve my hand reading ability and participated in reading/answering blogs. I also experimented with HU cash game play.

I found a real maniac at $100 nl he hu. I played him on day one and took about 4 buy ins off of him. After he played me, he went straight up to $1k nl he hu and won about $3k. The next day I found him again playing at the heads up tables. He sat at the $1k hu tables with $400. I decided to sit since I had a good read on him and knew he would tilt like a mad man.

Then this happened. He's such a maniac that I got priced in with my two overs. I had to call, and I was basically flipping a coin with him on the flop.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1334452

I lost and reloaded to $1k. I would consider this tilting even though I knew I had a edge on this guy. I was in the heat of the moment and if I lost this $1k, I would of been sick to my stomach and regret it.

Here's a hand to show you how sick this guy is. I made a good read and went with my instinct. He was the sort of player that would bet when he had nothing and check when he had a medium/strong hand for pot control/deceptiveness.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1334552

Luckily, I stack him for my biggest pot ever.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1334465

He was such a maniac that I decided to call him with any two on the button because he would stack off with the worst of it. I flop TPWK and decide to play it passively because if I raise, he would usually fold with air and push with draws. Once I hit two pairs on the turn it was a easy call. My biggest pot ever, even though I only won about $371 on this session.

If you see this guy sitting, I recommend sitting with him. Very profitable, even though it's high variance. I got up after that hand because too much of my BR was on the line. He reloaded to $1k but I wouldn't dare play that guy again with $1k. I would consider this a +ev shot because I had a good read on him. I played him with my $4.8k br. Now I'm sitting at about $5.2k. Yeah, HU is so sick.

Funny thing is, I followed him around after that match. He went up to $2k nl he hu and lost it all. That guy is a sick gambler, trying to run it up quickly or go bust.

No comments: