Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Poker and my current life situation

It's been over a month since I've blogged. I've taken a long break from poker. Strangely, I have no urge to play poker but I still aspire to beat $200 nlhe sh. It's still a very distant dream of mine.

I have signed up for a 6 month subscription at Lego Poker. I haven't watched a full video because the videos I downloaded got corrupted. It cuts me off about 15 minutes into each video, some I can't even watch. I need to delete them and download them again. I also need to review about 20k PT hands and make a post about it. I don't know when that will happen because I'm really busy right now.

I think I'm at a crossroad with my life. I don't want to get into too many personal details but my brother and I just bought a house! It's a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house. There's a den that can easily be made into a 4th bedroom. My younger brother is graduating college on May 25th. He plans to move back in with us. We'll probably make a 5th bedroom downstairs because the basement is huge.

I've been procrastinating with getting into grad school. Hopefully, if I blog about it. It will get my butt started. Fill out the graduate school application. I would need 3 letters of recommendation. Fill out the financial aid application and see if I can get any free $ or low interest loans. Luckily, this school doesn't require me to take the GRE, which makes my life easier. I hope to get into St Mary's in Minneapolis in Fall, 2008. Earn a Masters in Counseling Psychology and become a therapist. It's a huge commitment for me but it will pay off in the long run.

I can really see myself being a therapist. I could listen to people's sob stories all day and not go nuts. I find the whole human experience interesting, the good and the bad.

4 comments:

Ian Little said...

Congrats on your house purchase, I hope you & your brother make a success of it. If you have no urge to play then I think you have done the right thing by taking a break. Now get that application form filled out!

AppleSeed2082 said...

tks Ian, I def need to filled that grad school application ASAP. Fall starts around September.

Unknown said...

Get on it man! Congrats on the house, that should be good times you and your brothers.

AppleSeed2082 said...

tks Brian.

yesterday i filled out the financial aid application and made an appointment to visit St. Mary's in Minneapolis.