Monday, November 2, 2009

Back on the Grind

I'm back on the grind. I plan to play 1 hour per session. I'm using an online alarm clock and setting it at 1 hour. When it beeps, I play until the BB and start sitting out. It will be a great way for me to not tilt and lose 10 bi per session.

I plan to 16 table $50 nlhe FR. I need to refocus and start playing my A game at all times. So far I've played 4 sessions and it has been fun. I haven't said that about poker in a long time. It's actually fun to play poker again. I had to look deep down and figure out why I'm playing this game. I def want this to be a big part of my income so I have to take this game more seriously.

I plan to play 100k hands of $50 nlhe FR and then reevaluate wether to move up to $100 nlhe FR. This will be a test of tilt and discipline. If I can't stick to that plan, I guess I just suck at that part of my game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You say "It will be a great way for me to not tilt and lose 10 bi per session." but what about when you're running hot? Won't this prevent you from what could have been a monster session?

If you have tilt issues then I would highly recommend buying a book called The Poker Mindset. Very simple book but has done wonders for me

AppleSeed2082 said...

Yorkshire Pud,

You make a great point about not quitting sessions when I'm running play/playing great.

It's more about learning to control tilt and accepting losses. So far I've played about 13 sessions and it's so tough to stand up when I'm down 1-4 bi. I stew over it for a while but I get over it. It's amazing what a break can do to that feeling.

I guess it's just a test of tilt and discipline. It's not a concrete rule but I will def stay longer than 1 hour if there is a massive donkey on my table. Strange thing is, I haven't seen on in a long time since 2006.

Oh yeah, I got that book and read it. I need to reread it, it will def help with my poker mindset.

thanks for your input.

Anonymous said...

dude, i keep thinking the same thing, i need an alarm clock, for me, i think when i spew a buyin it irks me and i lost focus, i think i go to my B game and playing long hours, i tend to lose focus quickly and i dont have brain food and it destroys my thinking, i'm always thinking the long sessions tend to have better win rates, but not the case because i analyze now dat i play my B and C games when i play that long, and i get into that zone were if idont win soon den it destroys my thinking, and that i should let the action come to me and dont force the action to much - K1d_styles

AppleSeed2082 said...

Kid Styles,

I stuck to 1 hour religiously for over 20 sessions than I let myself go past it up to 3 hours. I slowly increase my playing time by going 2 hours all the way to 3 hours. I think I've only done 3 hours once or twice since I stuck with the 1 hour rule. Try it out and let me know if it works for you.

The sessions where I play over 1 hour, it is because there is a big fish or I'm really focus. It has work well for me so far in December.

good luck