Sunday, November 7, 2010

October and Tilt Breaker Software Review















Swinging down and then back up. I probably played my B game overall because I made too many hero calls for no reason and made alot of little mistakes that hurt my results at $100 NLHE FR Rush.

I've been talking with Winthrop on Skype. I met him a few years back on CR and we have kept in touch. It's def good for my game to talk to someone like Winthrop who has very interesting views on how to play hands. He use to play higher but is currently playing $25 nlhe SH at Poker Stars.

We also made a prop bet where we have to ship each other $1/hand that we play bad. I need to add them all up. I probably owe Winthrop about $10 or so and maybe even more after I critically review all my hands again.

It's so sick, I know what I need to do but I still can't do it while playing. It's like I'm not in control when I'm playing poker. It's ridiculous and I need to fix this ASAP because the cycle of losing and breaking even will continue forever.

I've been testing out this new software called Tilt Breaker. There is also a post by SuicideKing who is looking for feed back in the software program at 2plus2 Software Forum.

It was easy to install and set up. I basically downloaded it and typed in my screen name so that the software would recognize me. It automatically picked up where my hand history were stored. It works with HEM or PT3 but you don't need either as it is a standalone software. You can try it out for free for 15 days before you decide to buy it.

There are currently 4 different ways of controlling your tilt. You can preset stop loss, stop win, stop time played and/or stop hands played and lock down time for each category. Whatever you hit first, it will activate Tilt Breaker and kick you off your cash tables. I don't play tournaments or sit n goes so I"m not really sure how it works. From what I read, Tilt Breaker will let you finish your session but won't let you enter into new tournaments or rematches.

For example, you can preset Tilt Breaker to kick you off your poker tables by presetting it for $300 stop loss from start of session or session peak. Peak session means that if you win $200 within your first couple of hundred of hands and then proceed to lose $300 to be at negative $100 for the session. Tilt Breaker will kick you off the tables. You can also preset how long you want Tilt Breaker to keep you on lock down. I would recommend 30 minutes to two hours depending on how badly you tilt.

There is also a Rage Quit Button that you can manually activate to kick you off the tables. There are 3 levels of tilt that you can preset it at. For example, level 1 will lock you down for 30 minutes, level 2 for 1 hour and level 3 for 3 hours.

I highly recommend this software if you got tilt issues. I know I do, and it has helped tremendously so far in November. I personally set it up at negative $250 (lock down for 30 minutes), positive $250 (lock down for 5 minutes), 1200 hands (lock down for 30 minutes), and 1 hour per session (lock down for 30 minutes). I notice that these numbers were optimal for me because I'm never playing my best when I'm down 2 1/2 bi or up 2 1/2 bi. After 1 hour, I'm playing bad and probably chasing my losses too.

I'm looking forward to seeing how my results will be this month with Tilt Breaker because in October I had sessions where I couldn't get up off the tables and ended dropping around 4 buy ins or more in a session when I should of stopped down 2 or 3 buy ins.

No comments: