Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Live Poker at Running Aces

I just played a session this past Saturday between 6:30pm-midnight at Running Aces in Columbus, MN. It's a spread limit game $2-$60, blinds 1-2, min buy in $50 and max buy in of $200. Basically, you can bet between $2 and $60.

My table consisted of very tight passive and loose passive players who love to get to showdown. I found out quick that c bet's don't work but turn bets do. So I stopped bluffing on the flop and started betting for thin value. If I had nothing I would check/fold flops multi way, delay c bet IP or donk low flops and scare cards on the turn. This strategy worked and I ended up winning $168.

This was my biggest hand that I won.

(9 handed) I started with about $135. I was on the SB with KK. UTG and BB were both over 200bb deep. They were both splashing and playing alot of big pots and winning.

UTG (loose passive) straddle to $4. UTG + 1 (Loose Passive) limps, MP limps (Tight ABC), and CO limps (Nit). I look down and see KK on the SB. I raise to $24. BB cold calls and UTG calls and it is folded around.

The pot is around $88. 3 handed heading into the flop.

Flop is J84 2 hearts. I c-bet max $60. BB calls and UTG raises the max to $120 total. I call the rest of my chips and BB calls too. There is a very small side pot.

Turn is a 7. It goes check check.

River is a 5 and it goes check check. No flush card hits.

Board is J84 7 5

We all flip our cards over. BB has TJo for flop top pair. UTG has AJo for a flop TPTK. I flip over KKo FTW. Main pot was around $420 after the rake/tip.

I plan on going atleast once a week on either Fri or Sat evening. If every weekend is like this, I'm hoping to win some extra spending cash. They have a 5-60 spread limit game but that sounds horrible because you can only bet 60 max. You'll probably end up betting 1/2 pot or even less on the turn or river in multi way pots. I might give if a try is the table looks soft though. For now, 2-60 spread limit will be my game.

2 comments:

DW said...

Congrats on the win.

AppleSeed2082 said...

thanks Alex. How's school going?