Saturday, August 13, 2011

Live Players Love to Payoff and Chase

I've played over 6 sessions now and even took a shot at a 5-60 spread limit game. I was waiting to get into a 2-60 spread limit game when I saw that 5-60 was running. I went to watch and saw this older lady tilting her head off. She was open raising to 30 and 50 when the blinds were 2-5. Bet Bet and c/open fold junk on the river. I immediately put my roll that I brought to play 2-60 and sat down with $400. I played tight and waited for a hand because I knew it could easily go all in vs this tilting lady. She losses her stack and rebuys for another $500. Sweet, she might be loaded. It's 7 handed and it is folded to me on the Button. I open to 15 and SB (Tight) calls and tilting lady in BB folds. Flop is 99A r, I c bet to $30 and try to get a fold because I have air and I'm repping the Ax. SB c/c. Turn is a J. I bet $60 and SB c/c. River is a J and then SB donks $60. I tank/fold trying to fake that I got an Ace. SB shows 9To for the flop trips slow play. Tilting lady eventually get's up but the game was still good. There were a few calling stations that I could take advantage of if I picked up a hand. I played for another 30 minutes and won about $140 in this game. If would of stayed if I could stomach the swings but I don't think I'm ready yet. If the games play that soft, I will def take more shots.

Over the 6 sessions, I'm up over 7 bi. Running hot but playing great too. I've folded KK pre to AA preflop and QQ to KK preflop. Individual with AA had been playing super tight/passive pre. He had over limp AKo SB 5 ways. Individual with KK had previously limp/call with Q3dd vs my iso r and c/c flop J3x r and ck atw ftw vs my AKo high. This time he had open r $12, got a call to his left and I picked up QQ MP and made it $36 because I wanted him to call. LP cold calls $36 and folded back to him who made it $96. I tank folded and LP calls. Funny thing was flop was Qxx. I would of flopped top set. Money got in somehow and he showed KK FTW vs LP.

I've been listening to Bart Hanson's Podcast on Deuces Cracked and he's def got a lock on live players. He recs, don't iso 3 bet so much and just try to keep the pot as small as possible preflop. Make a big hand and value bet the hell out of em. That's the only strategy you need to beat 2-60 spread limit because all the rec/regs come here to gamble and not fold.

I've played 2 crazy hands.

Hand 1) I picked up a read that LP was tilting because he had been losing/bluffing his chips away. LP open r $8 and folds to me in the SB. I see KT hh and make it $40. Folded back to LP who calls.

Flop: 789 r (pot is around $80)

I c bet $60 and LP calls

Turn: blank turn and I bet $19 because that's all that LP had left and LP calls

River: is a Q

I tell LP he probably wins and LP flips over QJo for the river top pair FTW. Lol, I could of won with KThh high!

Hand 2) Vs Same Villain in LP and about 10 minutes later from Hand 1.

I'm utg with JJ. I open raise to $8 and utg + 1 calls. LP (tilting) raises to $24 and it folds to me on the BB. I max raise max to $84. UTG + 1 (Tight) raises all in for $160 and LP reraises all in for about $168 total. I think about it for a sec and call because I overhear utg + 1 talk to his neighbor about how crazy I was and LP.

Board Runs JQx r, 2d for the backdoor Flush draw and river T.

Old man utg + 1 smiles and flips over AKd FTW (Main pot = $480). I flip over JJ for the small $16 side pot. I later ask LP what he had and he told me he had pock T. So Sick!

Like I said, lesson learned. I don't mind that I played aggressive preflop vs LP who was tilting. However, I think it's best to keep the pot's small preflop and own them postflop. I'm not a great player, but I def got an edge vs most of my live opponents postflop. They just play so so bad you won't believe it.

No comments: