Monday, July 23, 2007

Playing 10J H on a 7s Jd 5s flop in position (tpgk)

I didn't have much read on this guy. My PAhud wasn't working at the time but he was pretty tight passive (probably 15/9/1 over 20-30 hands). He wasn't too active and wasn't showing down much. I had a tag image and been showing down big hands.

(I'm looking at his stats right now on PT on this session and it is 26/0.58/0.68 over 112 hands)

Hand in question.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1290619

He did see me get sucked out on in this hand (about 10 hands ago or so) so he knew i was pretty tricky/aggressive with my big hands.

Suck out hand.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1290634

What are your thoughts when you see someone get sucked out on? Do you try to bluff them or not? I tend not to bluff because they will call lightly. Honestly, I felt a little hot because the guy who stacked me was a donk.

Do you raise or fold the turn bet? I felt that he had Pock 10-A, AK, AQ, AJ. I didn't think he would 3 bet with pock 5 or 7 on the SB. I doubt he would have 64 for the str8 on the turn. Against his range, what would you do? He might be on a flush draw and pushing his fold equity against my calling range. I hate this spot.

thanks,

AppleSeed

4 comments:

Marc said...

Yeah, this is a tough spot. As played until the turn, I would fold, as his range is beating you. However, I would have either reraised preflop or raised the flop. He did not 4-bet preflop, just 3-bet, although when he's willing to fire a 2nd barrel, you can't feel too good about calling down without a read.

Gregory Lynn said...

I think you're in raise or fold territory on the flop. You're not in a situation where you're likely to gain much with a free card. He is likely to bet the turn. If you wait to the turn, he's going to have almost half his stack in there and you can forget about a bluff. I think if you're going to raise the time to do it is on the flop when you have a chance to get away when he comes back over the top.

AppleSeed2082 said...

marc,

my mistake that is only a 3 bet preflop. I'll edit it up.

AppleSeed2082 said...

Here is the result

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1303316

I think I should mini raise the flop and see what he does. If he calls, I can shut down. If he re raises, I can safely fold.

I just gotta remember that not many unknowns are bluffing me post flop.