Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 2008 100k Hand Graph and Stats















I switched to Full Ring and started to mass table 16 plus tables. The first 25k hands were at Poker Stars where I pretty much broke even after earning my $500 bonus. I then switched over to FTP playing mainly $50 nlhe FR for the next 75k hands. I didn't know what to expect and adjusted my game accordingly. I basically didn't pay off nits and laid down TPTK/Over Pairs when faced with aggression. Laying down those hands was so tough because I'm a calling station by nature. I had to talk myself out of making a lot of hero calls. I played a 15/10/2.5 TAG game over 100 k hands and was able to mix it up with some of the regulars.

$1704 + $500 bonuses + $600 rake back = $2804 in profits over 100k hands. Wow, it feels great to be a winner again. Haven't felt like this in a very very long time. Probably since Dec 2006. Basically small loser since the begginning of 2007.

Mass tabling has been very good to me so far. I probably need to mix in a little HU and 6max so that I don't get burnt out. I did play a few k hands of $50 and $100 nlhe hu this month because I was kinda of sick of Full Ring. It def made me appreciate the lower variance of Full Ring.

I also want to thank Jason (LuckySOB) for letting me sweat him mass table $100 nlhe FR and hooking me up with AHK. Without him, I probably wouldn't of had this awesome month. It's a real confidence booster, I can't express how much I'm grateful for his help this month.

Good Luck at the tables and a Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Ian Little said...

Considering this was your first month at the mass tabling your results are sick. Congrats, I hope this continues to go well.

LuckySOB said...

Well done. Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Very nice John. I am happy to see you having success in poker, stay dedicated and keep playing well!