Friday, October 10, 2008

I Play Very Very Bad

Wow, I was tilting so bad on this hand. It was also the last hand I played because I was waiting for the BB to hit me and was getting ready to go to work.

Villain was unknown but had seen me make hero calls post flop.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
Hero
($166.60)
UTG+1
($155.20)
CO
($103.55)
BTN
($125.45)
SB
($209.45)
BB
($100.00)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is UTG

Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, SB raises to $11.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $8

Preflop: Pure spew.

Flop: ($24, 2 players)
SB bets $24, Hero calls $24

I call hoping that villain is bluffing and will shut down on the turn and river.

Turn: ($72, 2 players)
SB goes all-in $173.95, Hero goes all-in $131.10

I call because there's no way that he shoves a big hand on the turn like that. Wouldn't he want a calling station to stay in the hand with a weak pair?

River: ($377.05, 2 players)

Wow, I got lucky. Villain had pock A

Final Pot: $334.20
Hero shows:

Hero wins $331.20 ( won +$164.60 )
SB lost -$209.45


Note to self: Don't play right before work because you will be playing too loose and make stupid hero calls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, wow what a hand.

Remember a second flush card hit on the turn. Most players that just play the face value of their hands will push on the turn to protect their hand. They don't think on terms of getting more value. Their scared that you will call any pot sized bet with a flush draw so they just push all in to scare you into not calling with a flush draw.

Anyway, its good to see donks aren't the only guys that get lucky in this game. GL

AppleSeed2082 said...

Def, some donks like to overbet when a flush card hits on the turn. They rather just take the pot down right there and not risk it.

However, I don't really like my call on the turn because villain was unknown. I had no idea what he was doing postflop and really had no reason to make a hero call there.

LuckySOB said...

football pick, dont' forget it

Ian Little said...

That hand is truly horrible.

Unknown said...

Preflop: Why are you raising 64o UTG? Why are you compounding the mistake by calling the 3bet?

Flop: Fold.

Turn: Fold.