Thursday, October 23, 2008

Poker Break

I went on a rough downswing ( 5 plus) and I just don't have the stomach for it. I took my whole bankroll of 3.4k off Cake Poker/FTP and I'm just going to take a break from playing. This game makes me way too sick. I just don't think I should be torturing myself like this.

I'm going to just watch poker videos and read Elements of Poker. Enjoy life, get ready to apply to grad school and get back in shape. Ultimately, I think poker is way too hard to beat. Just the psychological part really kills me. I'm really going to focus in on my grad school applications and make sure I go this Fall 2009. I'm def a big time procrastinator and I hate that about myself. Plus, I'm a tilt monkey.

Good luck guys. I will be back grinding 50nl or 100nl within the next few months. I always come back, not giving up for life yet.

2 comments:

Ian Little said...

5bi is variance, not really a downwswing. You've bought a great book on the mental side of the game, read it, make a plan for how to go about your sessions, and try it out. You can beat this game, but you have to work at it, and part of that is being emotionally stable whenever you play.

AppleSeed2082 said...

thanks Ian,

Your right, it's just variance but I'm just sick of it right now.

I'm def going to take your advice to heart. I need to read that book and make a plan and really follow it. I might try your advice and just do 1 hour sessions. It will probably help me avoid going into tilt mode.