Monday, October 6, 2008

Poker Update

I've been playing alot of poker. I've been breaking even for over 20k hands now at Cake Poker. Luckily for bonuses and rake back (close to $1k). Running terrible but in control with my emotions. I guess the hardest thing to do right now is to quit when I'm down 3 buyins or so. It's usually because I get bad beated or coolered and I want to stay and get it back from the donk. I've just got to discipline myself to quit for the day and do something else because the donk will be playing tighter/better postflop after sucking out.

I'm working very hard putting people on hand ranges preflop and postflop in order to extract max value. Check this hand out. This player probably played about 10 hands or so and he had been squeezing and 3 betting about 4/10 hands. Taking pots without showdown. I looked at his city and it said "Netherlands." I guess he's a aggro Euoropean so I was going to let him hang himself postflop. It's feels great to soul read him and followed through with my plan.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG
($94.45)
UTG+1
($37.00)
CO
($167.25)
BTN
($100.20)
Hero
($102.90)
BB
($108.50)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is SB

3 folds, BTN raises to $3.50, Hero calls $3, BB raises to $15, BTN folds, Hero calls $11.50

Flop: ($33.50, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $18.75, Hero calls $18.75

Turn: ($71, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($71, 2 players)
Hero checks, BB goes all-in $74.75, Hero goes all-in $69.15

Final Pot: $209.30
Hero shows:
BB shows:

Hero wins $206.30 ( won +$103.40 )
BB lost -$108.50
BTN lost -$3.50

Here's another one. Another soul read. This player had been pushing all in preflop and postflop. I really think he was tilting for some reason so I was going to c/c atw.


Soul Read 2


I plan to just keep grinding and hopefully start running better. All I can really do is keep studying and improving my own play. I'll let the luck even out and my bankroll will increase so I can start taking shots at $200 nlhesh.

Oh yeah, the coaching with Matt didn't go through. He posted on 2plus2 saying that he's booked and won't be hosting a group session until he has more free time. I'll just keep looking for a coach for a reasonable price.

No comments: