Saturday, October 18, 2008

Tough Spot with TPGK 3 way on the BTN

UTG mini raises and I iso 3 bet on the BTN. SB CC and UTG calls. SB is a solid TAG who doesn't get out of line much preflop and postflop. UTG is a Loose Passive Donk who will call with almost any two preflop. This is at Cake Poker, no stats.

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG
($110.75)
CO
($51.65)
Hero
($99.50)
SB
($182.50)
BB
($243.23)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 5 players) Hero is BTN

UTG raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6.50, SB calls $6, 1 fold, UTG calls $4.50

Flop: ($20.50, 3 players)
SB bets $12, UTG calls $12 BTN (Hero ?)


What do I do? Usually a lead is not very strong but I suspect that SB (Solid TAG) lead because he thought that it might get checked around when there is a 2 flush on the flop. UTG (Donkey) calls and it comes to me on the BTN.

Very tough spot. What do I do? Do I just flat this call and see what happens on the turn or do I reraise and just go with it. I'm willing to gamble with UTG (Donkey) but I don't like getting this in vs SB (Solid TAG).

I will post this hand on Leggo and CR.


As for grinding, I'm trying to hit 20k hands this month. I think I will get there because I'm running great right now. I'm really motivated to play and I'm finally out of the breakeven stretch. I'm up about 3 buyins overall now without rakeback/bonuses, which feels great.

No comments: