Thursday, March 13, 2008

Smart Buddy = Great Table Selection = Easier $

I found a crazy donkey who was sitting at a 2/4 NLHE HU Table. I had him on Smart Buddy and knew he played terribly at the $50 NLHE SH tables. I watched him a bit at the 2/4 NLHE HU table and also looked at all his hand history.

I found that he liked to bet pot on the flop and shut down on the turn and river unless he had a hand. I also knew he liked to bluff the river once in awhile. With that read and railing about 50 hands of his HU match, I took a shot at his table. I was up about $500 on him but dropped about $250 of it back and called it quits. I def think I got an edge on him but I just didn't want to lose my profits. I'll post some of the crazy hands when I wake up. Really tired right now but excited that Smart Buddy has already turned me a profit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool that you turned a profit. However, be careful. The idea of playing a HU match WAY above your bankroll, even against a fish, is not a good one imo. The variance at HU is exponentially higher than it is at 6-max, since you have to be involved in basically 2-3 times as many hands! a small downswing, even if playing well, can do major damage to your bankroll.

AppleSeed2082 said...

Brian,

Very true, HU is high variance even when there is a noticeable edge. I don't plan on taking shots like this too many times.

I watched him play and I saw some leaks so I took a shot. I could had easily lost 1-2 bi's. That would had def set me back br wise.