Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Haven't been playing much

I've been studying more than playing because of a sick downswing. I've been reading Professional No Limit HE and The Poker Mindset. I plan to finish both books this month and write a post about it. Maybe we can discuss a few things from both books because I doubt I will understand everything in it.

I've also been watching alot of CR and deuces crack videos. I'm thinking about joining Lego Poker because Ian, Jason, and Dodgy highly recommended it. I already canceled deuces and CR and will probably join Lego in April. I probably need a new perspective and by joining Lego, it will allow me to see how other great players think about poker.

I think I'm keeping a good balance with life and poker. I def think it's healthy to not play so much when running/playing bad. This will be good long term move because I doubt I'll be playing my A game.

I also need to review March again and see what I did wrong. I know I ran bad but I bet there were alot of spots where I could had lost less or won more.

2 comments:

Ian Little said...

Drop me an email if you want to discuss the poker mindset or do a sweat.

Unknown said...

You have my AIM, feel free to send me hand histories if you would like to discuss some hands.

I think the biggest thing you can do to improve right now is to try to put opponents on a range of hands at each juncture in your reviews. The compare how your hand stacks up against their range, and think about how to maimize value, whether you should value bet or check to induce a bluff. That will give yu the biggest benefit in my opinion.