Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Smart Buddy is Awesome

I just bought Smart Buddy because Kevin (Moniker) recommended it. It's a sick program where it let's you add buddies from various poker sites that you want to play against. This is totally going to make my life easier because I won't have to go searching for them. Smart Buddy will let me know who is online and where they are sitting. All I have to do is click on their tables and get on the waiting list. I went through my PT database and cherry picked tight/loose passive players who I want to play against. I've gotten over 312 players and there is usually around 10-20 buddies on. This is going to be sweet.

I also converted my PT database to PostgreSQL. I had two databases over 500k hands and it took over 6 hours to convert. From what I understand, I'll be able to store way more hands than the Access version. Now I just have to run and play better.

2 comments:

Ian Little said...

get the PT rules from Kevin, auto-rate your players, then import the worst players into SB. This will be a more comprehensive list than cherry picking bad guys you play with.

AppleSeed2082 said...

Ian,

Kevin sent me the PT rules but I gotta figure out how to do that. I'll try to import the PT rules, auto rate the players and then import the worst players into SB when I wake up.