Monday, February 4, 2008

Good spot to check raise

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG
($194.55)
UTG+1
($28.55)
CO
($50.35)
BTN
($47.75)
SB
($68.25)
Hero
($60.70)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is BB

3 folds, BTN calls $0.5, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $3, BTN calls $2.5, SB folds

Standard 3 bet when BTN and SB limps. Trying to get this HU and get value for my hand. BTN and SB are loose passive. They haven't been too active and I have been raising it up preflop and taking down pots with c bets on the flop. (No real reads)

Flop: ($6.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $6.5, Hero raises to $18, BTN calls $11.5

I felt this was a good spot to check raise because I sometimes check/fold when the flop misses me vs floaters. I check and look to raise it big vs BTN. I think villain limp/calls a lot of suited connectors, mid pairs, and small Aces. I want him to pay the max in position to continue with the hand. He might check behind but i'm willing to take that risk.



Turn: ($42.5, 2 players)
Hero goes all-in $39.7, BTN calls $26.75

Great turn, I push looking to get called by a worst Ace or flush draw. Villain probably will fold all mid pairs and floats. I might get a hero call by midpairs if he thinks i'm shoving a flush draw myself. I like the shove.

River: ($108.95, 2 players)

Final Pot: $96
BTN shows:
Hero shows:

BTN wins $93 ( won +$45.25 )
Hero wins $12.95 ( lost -$47.75 )
SB lost -$0.50

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cooler. One thing that could be helpful is to explain your thoughts. Why is this a good spot for a checkraise? I am not debating whether it is or isn't, but I am saying that I think articulating your thoughts in your posts will be beneficial to you.