Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On Massive Tilt and Quitted Immediately

Wow, I'm on massive tilt after this session. Jason sweated this session about a 1/4th into it and no one at my 4 tables were giving me respect. I was running very loose and aggressive.

While I had a bad image, I still applied the pressure in position and on dry flops. I picked up big hands preflop and flopped big but the results weren't there.

Warning, 3 bad beats, 1 bad hero call, and a cooler.

Bad Beat 1) Pock K vs 78o sstack

Bad Beat 2) Pock A vs AKh

Bad Beat 3) Pock Q vs Pock 10 vs 78s on a Qs 9d 10s flop

On Bad Beat 3, Jason was sweating at the time and suggested I shove it on the flop 4 way because BB lead looks strong and I want to get it HU vs him on such a draw heavy flop because my image was so bad that BTN and SB might just tag along with a draw. At the time, I wanted BTN and SB to tag along so I made it 3x raise and BTN shoved. I think even if I shoved, BTN would probably still call. There's a small chance he folds but unlikely because of my loose image. Sucks to lose this pot.

Bad Hero call with pock 10 on a As 8c 5c flop

(Just added) Oh yeah, on the bad hero call. Jason suggested that I fold and find a better spot. I got stubborn and decided to make the hero call. My reasoning was that since he called BTN's raise and called my 3 bet preflop. I thought, no way this guy has a big ace here and made the hero call.

I put the guy on low-med pair or a flush draw like KQc, JQc 10Jc. My table image was terrible too and alot of guys were playing back at me and I folded every c/r or r when i betted on the flop. Given the table dynamics, I thought this guy was making a play on me. I only take delight in going with my read because I would had hated myself for folding here. Jason and I looked at his stat afterward and he was running at 20/5/.5 over 300 hands. Basically, this guy never raised anything even a big Ace.

Note to self: Tight Passive players who finally show aggression postflop usually have the goods.

Cooler) K9s vs A4s


The K9s suited hand was my last hand. I told Jason, if that guys has the nut flush, I'm quitting this session. He hollywood it and shoved the river nut flush. I insta called and immediately quitted.

Just taking my lumps. This session easily could have been a 4-5 bi session win over 379 hands but it was not meant to be. On the bright side, I'm still up $5.40 over 857 hands at $100 nl he sh. I just gotta think long run and try getting it in good because guys are going to get lucky. I just gotta keep grinding and try to make less mistakes than my opponents. Stay positive....

Not playing tonight and will get a session in tomorrow and get at least 5k more hands this month because I just signed up for Brian's best ptbb/100 hand challenge. I think there are 6 of us (Me, Brian, Jason, Dodgyken, Malfaire and Dice) who threw in $25 into the pot. You win the $150 pot if you have the best ptbb/100 hand over a min of 5k hands between Feb 21-29th, 2008.

Luckily, this session doesn't count toward that challenge.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hands look pretty good except for the 1010, but that is easy for an observer to say without seeing your table, your image, etc.

You will bounce back. Hopefully, you can turn it around and have a really strong finish to the month, just 0.01 PTBB/100 less than me for that stretch, k? :-)

Ian Little said...

The beats suck, but your game doesn't, so keep your chin up and make sure you're concentrating and playing your 'A' game when you hit the tables, ok?