Monday, February 4, 2008

Great News!

LuckySOB (Jason) posted on PokerTrikz forum and said that he would like to mentor a low stakes player. I applied and got picked.

My first session with him will be on Feb 5th, @ 5pm EST. I feel very fortunate and plan to pay it forward after Jason is done with me.

Jason introduced me to Btimm (Brian) and Luckbox (Ian). Jason suggested we form a poker group so that we would improve at a faster rate. I talked to Brian and Ian yesterday and our first session will be on Monday Feb 11th, @ 8pm EST. Brian will be playing while Ian and I sweat his session. Our goal right now is to understand each other's game. After the session, we will discuss alternative ways to play trouble or interesting hands.

Excited and nervous at the same time because the pressure is on to step it up. This is a good thing because when there is potential growth, you often feel nervous. I expect big things for me this year in poker.

Wish me luck

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't need to wish you luck - we will come along together without it. Looking forward to finding our 4th member and getting this group complete and started.