Saturday, February 9, 2008

TPTK IP vs Tag on draw heavy flop

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at weaktight.com


Stacks:
UTG
($49.25)
Hero
($54.00)
BTN
($85.60)
SB
($47.35)
BB
($36.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is CO

1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, SB raises to $5.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $4

Standard raise UTG+1 with AKs. SB 3 bets to $5.75 and I call. SB was pretty TAG. He wasn't doing much pre flop and post flop.

Flop: ($12, 2 players)
SB bets $12, Hero calls $12

I call for pot control and to evaluate what he would do on the turn. I didn't want to play a big pot with tptk with this guy. I could reraise and get it all in but I felt he would fold everything I beat. I call and hope for a safe turn card to shove on.

Turn: ($36, 2 players)
SB checks

What do I do on the turn? Do you play the flop differently? I feel that this guy would be c betting any flop and shutdown if he was called on the flop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like a check here on the turn and you are calling a river bet here 100% of the time. As you already said, you are not getting value from anything you beat, so it is best to let him fire off a river bet to give you maximum value.

AppleSeed2082 said...

Btimm,

I agree a turn check is good here if I think he is c betting any flop and shutting down if called. If I check behind turn, it could induce a river bluff which I would call. If he checks again on river, I can v bet for value.

However, I shoved and got insta called by pock 10. Villain turned a set and only had $29.60 left in his stack. Pot was $36 heading into the turn.